Sunday, February 23, 2014

Feb 10th-Feb 23rd

It's been quite some time since I've had a chance to sit down and write out a nice little post. Since my training everything has been going wonderful. I've met amazing people and have learned so much. I typically work 5 days a week at about 6-7 hours per shift. Normally I get a closing shift or a shift that is essentially closing  without having to do all of the cleaning. I've learned that Disney is very clean, and they care a lot about the presentation of what's being given to their guests. Working in food has given me such a great perspective on one of the largest parts that make up Walt Disney World. I've also learned a lot about multitasking also. Taking orders, filling orders, and everything in-between. My memory has done pretty well here so that helps a lot.

I honestly believe I am so lucky to be put in East Stands. Everyone from managers, to coordinators, to my co-workers are all very kind. I've already learned so much from each one of them. I work mostly in Fantasyland, which is cool with me because no matter where you are  you can see the fireworks. You may not actually see them, but you get to see the sky light up in those magical colors every night you work. Even though they scare me almost every night, hearing the guests go "ooooo" "aaaahhhh" reminds me why I'm so lucky to me working in such a wonderful place.

I also began my class of Disney Heritage, which is where I learn the ins and outs of the Walt Disney Company from beginning to a little after Epcot opens. I've only had two classes thus far and have already learned so much Disney knowledge, that my brain is just oh so very happy!

The most important thing of all, playing in the parks!! Being able to go to whichever park I want whatever day is amazing. I've been to Magic Kingdom a lot mainly because it's open the latest. It's just so nice to go to the park for a few hours and not feel rushed to do everything like you would on a vacation. It's one of the best perks of working here. That is all I have for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment