Saturday, February 1, 2014

Jan 30-Feb 1st

These last three days have literally been so crazy! On the 30th, I went through traditions which is the general program orientation. You learn about what Disney expects of their Cast Members, and it's your first official day as a Cast Member. There are fun things that you get to do during this time, such as get your name tag, and go into the Magic Kingdom for a little bit. This ran about four hours and the girls did a really good job at making it fun to learn. This was day 1 of getting up early for me, and if you know me I'm no where near a morning person, so it's been quite the struggle!!

On the 31st, I did my first day of training. This was just a class to grasp the basic concept of what the Food and Beverage area is at the Walt Disney World Resort. This was also four hours and even more of a struggle for me to keep up with than traditions. At the end of this day however, I was given my free shoes for work! Since Food and Beverage need a specific type of shoe they provide them too you! This day was just a very general training day, and nothing too exciting. I did however learn a few new things about the Food and Beverage area that I didn't know before!

On the 1st, I had my theme park orientation! I got to take a tour of the Magic Kingdom, and I learned some things that I never knew before and it was just amazing! I really learned that I will be working at the most magical place in the resort, because when people think of Disney World, they think of Magic Kingdom. I believe that everyday will be so rewarding, even though I'm just in Food Service. Kids look forward to their Ice Cream. I officially found out my location today. I will be working in Breaker&StoryBook Circus, New Fantasyland, and Tomorrowland!

This includes places like, Friar's Nook, Storybook Treats, Cheshire Cafe, Gaston's Tavern, Lunching Pad, Auntie Gravity's Galectic Goodies, Cool Ship, and Space Dog. I'm really excited about the fact that I will get to change locations and not be in the same spot every day! I'm SUPER pumped about Gaston's Tavern! Oh my goodness!

I start my training tomorrow, and officially have an "earning my ears" thing hanging from my name tag! I will be finished with training on February 9th! I'm so excited to start training and do something I've never done before!!! I hope you continue to follow along with me and read about my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment